Keep your car safe from thieves.
Unfortunately, every car owner faces the risk of their car being stolen. This is why it’s important to take steps to protect your vehicle. Here are some precautionary measures to take.
1) Keep your car locked at all times, even while driving.
2) When parked, never leave your keys in the car. Additionally, make sure you close your car’s windows and sunroof before exiting your vehicle.
3) Never leave your car unattended while it’s running.
4) Avoid leaving valuables in your car where people can easily see them.
5) Do not leave the title inside your car. Car thieves often get away with their crime because they can produce your car’s registration.
6) Install an anti-theft system in your vehicle if it doesn’t already have one. Thieves are less likely to steal vehicles if they know the car can be recovered quickly.
7) Thieves like to operate under the cover of darkness, so when parking at night, do your best park in a well-lit area. If this is not possible, park in an area with a lot of foot traffic instead. Thieves will avoid your car for fear of being seen and caught.
8) Always be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable leaving your car in a certain area, it’s best to find a new place to park.
9) Have your car’s vehicle identification number (VIN) etched into each of your windows. Car thieves will avoid your car because they will not want to deal with the added expense of replacing all the glass on your vehicle.
10) When parking on an incline, leave your car in park with the wheels turned towards the curb or some other obstruction. This will make it harder for criminals to tow your vehicle away.
Try out these suggestions to protect your car from thieves. Want another way to keep your car safe? Make sure you have the right auto insurance protections in place. For assistance with your car coverage needs, contact Weaver & Associates in Arcadia, California.